Study and work

Canadian education system


Partners institutions

Study & work

Work after graduation

Stay in Canada

While you are studying in Canada as international student enrolled in a full time post-secondary program, it is possible to work in a part-time basis. the government allows international students that comply with the following requirements to work 20 hours per week while they are studying and 40 hours per week when they are on scheduled breaks.

The requirements are the following:

1. You have a valid study permit that includes a condition that says you can work off-campus

2. You’re a full-time student at a designated learning institution (DLI)

3. You’re enrolled in a: post-secondary academic, vocational or professional training program, or secondary-level vocational training program (Quebec only)

4. You’ve started studying

5. Your study program is at least 6 months long, and leads to a degree, diploma or certificate

6. You have a Social Insurance Number (SIN)

Open chat
Can we help you?